Dental Implant – The Best Solution For Missing Teeth
Dental Implants are an alternative to dentures or bridgework.
Implants are titanium screws that are surgically placed in the jaw bone. Over a few months, bone starts to grow and bond around the titanium screw. This process is called osseointegration. Just as a natural tooth root, these biologically entwined titanium screws can provide a stable well anchored support for crowns, bridges and dentures.
Usually the permanent false teeth are fitted 3 to 4 months after the implants (titanium screws) are put in. Some teeth can even be fitted at the same time as the implants (these are called ‘immediate implants’) we will advise you on whether these are suitable for you. Sometimes treatment takes longer, we will talk to you about your treatment time.
Dental implants are one of the most significant advancements in dentistry. An advantage of dental implants is that they do not require the preparation of any other healthy teeth, as with the case for bridges.
Having dental implants will involve at least one minor operation. You need to have healthy gums. We may not offer you dental implants if you smoke as it can affect the outcome of the treatment. Implants are less likely to be successful if you have a medical condition such as diabetes or osteoporosis, or have had chemotherapy. If you have any of these medical conditions, we will discuss this further with you and advise if implants are an option for you.
Usually with local anaesthetic, dental implants can be easily and comfortably placed. The dental implant is placed within the jaw bone and left to heal for usually 3 to 6 months. During the healing phase a fixed bridge or removable denture is used to close your gap. Once the implant has successfully integrated to the bone, the final restoration can be secured onto the healed implant. This maybe either be a crown, bridge or denture depending on each case.
Why Choose Us?
- A dedicated team of experienced dentist & friendly staff
- Personalised, caring approach in relaxed environment
- Same day treatment and long appointments available
- Safeguarding patients and our staff
- Adhering to code of patient confidentiality
- Latest techniques and materials
- Strictly following guidelines for sterilisation of instrument & cross infection control procedures
- Sympathetic and relaxed treatment approach for nervous patients
- Providing a clear explanation of your treatment plan following detail consultation regarding your concerns, questions & requirements
- Strong commitment to continued professional development